Monday 20 January 2014

Off on an adventure to New Haven Connecticut

I have some super exciting... and very random news! The Mr and I are leaving tomorrow to go to New Haven Connecticut! You are probably wondering what the heck we are doing there in the middle of January, and no neither of us are registering at Yale. We are going to meet two of my Idols!

I am gitty just typing it.... we are going to meet Mary and Justin Marantz!

If you have never seen their work, you are missing out. Check out their fabulous blog here.

Justin and Mary are international wedding photographers based in New Haven. They are a husband and wife team who not only photograph beautiful weddings, but they are also fabulous teachers in the photography community. They are the bomb and I absolutely love reading their blog and swooning over their photos.

Now that you are caught up on who we are going to see, you are likely wondering what we are doing when we get there. Well... that is where things get ever cooler and randomer (is randomer a word?). The Mr and I are going to be their Bride and Groom for a huge project they are doing with Profoto USA. We will be filming for 3 days and I will get to watch Justin and Mary in action! Unfortunately I cant tell you any more right now... but I promise to share more details once we get back.

I am so excited that I have decided to abandon regular sentence structure and I will now continue my thoughts in bullet points:

- I clearly have the best husband ever! Not only is he taking 3 days of vacation and driving for 7 hours with me, he is totally on board for playing dress up and letting me drag him around New Haven in a tux! Clearly this is not his idea of a vacation, but he knows how exciting it would be for me and he is happy to do whatever it takes to make my dreams come true!

- I have no idea what the weather is like in New Haven. Do you think I need my parka?

- I secretly hope that Mary and I become instant friends. Like the kind of friends that ask if you need some home made soup when you are sick with a cold.

- We had to send our measurements to the wonderful event planner taking care of the details. I will admit it was very odd sending an email with my bra size to a complete stranger.

I hope all of you find a random and fun opportunity this week too! See you all when I get back!

 





1 comment: